Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Are we havin' fun or whaaaat?"......

Yep, it's Cricket (I got her, I mean Lauri got her for Christmas in 1986 or 87) comin' at ya and she's baaaaak and if you could see the look on Evan's face when she started singin' ....it's a wonderful day, to visit the zoo, to visit the zoo, to visit the zoo...." about the only word I could place with what it looked like he was thinkin' is "freaky".... but he kinda warmed up to her after a while. I know I can remember when I thought dolls could really grow hair so there's something about a talkin' doll that's gotta seem a little bit "real" to a 3 year old. It's been pretty cool to revive her though and bring her out to liven up the party. Oh....and another fun treasure I found while "really" cleaning out under the stairs, I mean, not just a few layers of blankets back...I'm talkin' all the way to under the bottom stair. There they were, in all their 30 plus year-old glory, those "poor boy" overalls, 'cause when we were poor that other time (probably not as poor as I am right now and I'm thinkin' about starting the sewing thing again)... I used to make clothes for my kids. This cute little "superkid" overall ensemble was embroidered, yes, Lauri....embroidered, for Spencer, with love, by me. So.....the nearest model at the time was Miller and you can see how excited he was to be seen in these babies. Doesn't it just scream "What NOT to wear"? I actually thought I was quite clever in the day.

This blog is named "A Little Bit of Now and Then" for a reason. Now to the "Now" part. Mason is the proud owner of a softball team. A bit shortlived though as their team got thrown out of the league because Lance Lambert threw his bat for some unknown reason!!!!! They are in negotiations with the "powers that be" now though and a couple of the guys will be on a bit of probation if they are allowed back, but we can hope for good things from Hurricane Dental....with some heavy hitters like Nate Andrus, Aaron McArthur, Tyler Roberts, Lance Lambert, the Sparks brothers.....just to name a few but I'm here to tell you, last game they could have been beaten by Little Leaguers.....but, like I said. We'll hope for better days from Hurricane Dental. See ya at the ball park.

I love a sunset and I love being at the ball park. Last Thursday I experienced both. Aw.....good times. (Clickety-click on Cricket's picture if you want to learn more about this amazing talking doll from the '80's.)

1 comment:

joycew said...

I remember my talking doll, Chatty Brother. He's still around somewhere but he no longer talks. Also, isn't it comforting to know that you have "skills" to fall back on when you fall on hard times!