Sunday, August 23, 2009

Remembering Acappellastock....

....and I had a smile on my face all the way home today thinking about the great time I had last night and wishing everyone that I love were with me in the audience enjoying it with me. Actually, this year there were 4 people with me....an improvement from the first year and the second year I went (alone) then the last 2 years Lauri and I went (wasting only a couple of purchased tickets) to this year having to buy 2 more for Lauri and James. Because I'm such a faithful fan, Shannon gave me t-shirts when I told her I should become a volunteer. I discovered this fabulous event whilst on my mission in Salt Lake and haven't missed it since (5 years straight). It was AWESOME to say the least and once again, this year proved to be as good or better than last year. The groups had amazing energy and T-Minus 5 did more than they usually do (because they host the show) which was good (because they are really good) and the emcee was one of my favorites from a group called Toxic Audio that performed a couple of years ago. So start planning for next year and we can fill the whole front row with my "converts" to Acappella. I'm posting some of my favorite pictures from the evening in hopes of convincing more of you to come join me next year. If there's anyone out there that is the least bit interested, let me know. If you don't want to comment, just e-mail me or when you see me, let me know that you too want to become a fan of Acappella....(oh, if only I could be so bold in declaring my joy in the Gospel and inviting people to join the church.)
One final picture as we left the joint last night. Can you tell that we had an awesome time????
Paul Sperrazza.....ya gotta love this guy. He is an amazing entertainer and brought a lot of life to the show with his voice. He is from the group TOXIC AUDIO (which I already mentioned but worth mentioning again for sure).
Jake and Amy Alvord also joined me on the front row this year. Jake was my boss on my mission and he finally came to his senses and joined me after years of pestering.
Lauri and James were positioned just right to be "chosen" for the "audience participation" portion of the show which was to time the act that T-Minus 5 first performed in a competition. Needless to say, they went "wayyyyyy" over but coerced James into saying they were under their time limit and for it, they got a free CD. So.......I'll see all of you there next year and I will hopefully have to rent a bus to get us all there. I LOVE ACAPPELLASTOCK........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUP! It was a blast! I second the motion that all of you are truely missing out and should plan to be there next year.

Diana said...

You just have TOO much fun and TOO many adventures. I want to go next year, for sure! I'll try to give you a call when I'm down this weekend.

Staheli said...

Looks awesome. Love the pics. Sorry I missed you but I'm glad you had a place to stay.

Karen M. said...

Sounds like an office party in the making, count me in! We can fill a bus with just the office staff and family, Ha! Put a bug in Mason's ear

CNeilson said...

It sounds like something I would love!

Camie said...

Where do I sign up, and where do I get one of those amazing shirts?