Monday, June 6, 2011

For he's a jolly good fellow.....

....which nobody can deny! Spencer graduated on Friday....the only "Pain Medicine Fellow" and as funny as it sounds, in academia it means "a period of medical training that a physician may undertake after completing a medical specialty" Spencer's specialty being "pain management" so he has been a "Pain Fellow" which I think has a magical ring to it, don't you? Anyway, mighty proud of this kid and of Shana....they've put in a lot of long years and persevered to pursue this goal and now they are heading "home".....and, with sad endings and new beginnings come a lot of tears but Kentucky has been good to them and as I have seen their neighbors and friends come in droves, I know the Wells Family has been good for Kentucky. Well done, Spencer and Shana, Laynee, Drew, Seth and Jack. As my favorite quote from the movie "Hope Floats"....."....endings are hard, beginnings are scary....it's what's in the middle that counts" and you made those years in Kentucky count. Welcome home......
We enjoyed a lovely afternoon together at the Audubon Country Club. The graduation gift is supposed to be a large pottery bowl with his name engraved but someone dropped it on the way.......
....but he did receive this "huge" bowl of cold cereal in honor of his years at University of Louisville, probably thriving on nothing but cold cereal as the rest of them headed out for their expensive lunches. I guess the story is that he was willing to share a locker with a colleague only if the colleague kept it filled with cereal. This will get him through the next two weeks for sure. I always knew something good would come from those cold breakfasts you consumed all through your growing years,Spence. Didn't hurt you a bit....say I!

No cold cereal here.....Ballpark hotdogs.....the best. I forgot how much I love the ball park. We had a great evening at a Dodger/Reds game.....fireworks night, the best I've ever seen. It was just an amazing evening.

One last picture in front of the Louisville Temple. Good bye Louisville. It's been a great nine years.
***********************
And now on to another "fine fellow".... meaning: a "really good guy". Happy Birthday James. We are glad you joined the fam.....and we know you are a good husband but it's been so fun to watch you be a really great dad.

Hope you're having a great day......

4 comments:

James said...

These are both jolly good fellows. Happy Birthday James!!! Whoohoo.. lets party. (this is lauri, I dont' know why it always has me signed in as James)

Unknown said...

I'll be ready to unpack the uhaul. Kyle

xomom said...

Congrats to Spencer and family. Looks like you enjoyed Kentucky to the MAX and they enjoyed you right back. Way to leave your footprints in good places.
I hope I never need your services, but I am glad to know you will be there if needed. Good luck to you all as you start the next phase of life.

Staheli said...

Three cheers for Spencer

Hip hip hooray
Hip hip hooray
Hip hip hooray

And Happy Birthday James...I can't believe you wanted a dirt cake...that's what Scott had WHEN HE TURNED 3.