Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's hard to even imagine...

....my mom and dad, young and in love but 65 years ago this very day, they were young, newly weds....starting their lives together and I pay tribute to them this day on their anniversary. I'm sure my mom's feeling the pangs of loneliness this day as she's been without him now for nine years but what they had while he was here was really good.

As a kid growing up, there was never a question in mind that they loved one another and my dad was always ever so demonstrative about his beautiful wife....as he would say, not just once but I heard him say it several times...."it's a good thing that men have different tastes in women or they'd all want my wife". He knew he had a good thing. Happy Anniversary...Mom. I'm thinking of you today and remembering the good times you had together.

No comments: