Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oh, deer....

......and we spotted the first one of the summer today in Pine Valley. It's always fun to watch them come into the yard as we try to be as quiet as possible and see how close we can get.

Another favorite of mine is to see the new growth that appears on the pines...so visible, so fresh and a different green than the rest of the tree. Today, it was brilliant....couldn't even begin to capture the color on my phone camera but I had to try. It reminds me of a time when I was on my mission, not far from home but might as well have been because it was my first time to be "really" alone for an extended period of time ...and I was walking home after work and noticed a pine tree in front of my house and paused to see the "new growth" at the ends of the branches. Knowing that growth had been taking place all along, it just seemed to show up over night.

I was in Pine Valley last week and didn't see it but today, it just caught my eye and got me thinking about my own "new growth" and wondering if I ever really notice it at all. Am I continuing to progress in the important aspects of my life....or do I lie dormant....dull...hidden under winter's woes. I hope not....but something to think about as we begin our summer, half way through the year....still time, still hope for improvement (and growth).

1 comment:

xomom said...

As always, you make me think. Thanks for the invite to 'introspect' (is that a word?) I imagine I could think much better if I just had a slice of your mom's lemon pie to savor.