Friday, March 30, 2012

When it comes to moms.....

...I'm here to tell ya that mine is one of the finest....and tho' she's not in her "prime" any more, you'd never know it by the pace she keeps, the cakes and pies she makes and the service she gives.

She says she doesn't want any "hoopla".....

....but we gave her a little tonight as we all showed up to Golden Corral to celebrate with her...
...and the crew sang a little birthday ditty....."I don't know but I've been told, someone here is gettin' old....I don't know but it's been said, someone's face is turning red".....
....and there'll be more celebratin' throughout the day 'cause she made it to 85. I think I figured up last year how many cakes she has made through the years. She makes one every single Sunday for all of us to come and eat so you do the math. I think she's been doing it for about 40 years or so.....We love ya Mom. You are our hero.

No comments: