Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It's why we have smart phones....

....at least for me so I can capture moments like these.
The game is over....we won, but hey, why not just stay a little longer and make sure we are ready for tomorrow. Seth at the mound, McKay at bat, Spencer on the bucket and Mason calling.....and I can't tell you how this scene took me back to the days when Scott would pull up his bucket and let the boys pitch to him for as long as they could. It's pretty much a parent's report card to watch these kids of mine be dads and moms....making sure their kids have the best part of them. Spencer and I were talking today about competitive sports and why we want our kids to do them. Drew is in Orem winning a soccer tournament, these little ones are in a tournament  tonight and tomorrow, scared to death #1;of the ball and #2; that they will make a mistake; but in the end, I think it helps them to conquer their fears. If they are good at the game, they will love it so their dads do their best to help them be good at it. As soon as they don't like it, it's time for them to move on to find other things that they do like and that they are good at. It's a parent's job to give those opportunities....and it's my job as a grandma to go and cheer them on in whatever they do. I don't live here all the time now so sometimes I just have to hear about their successes but I'm so happy that they are all doing good things: Laynee plays piano very well and is getting into track at school. George is very good at piano and just got a beautiful new piano tonight for his birthday. Drew is good at whatever sports he does but is loving soccer right now and plays the piano. Maycee just got her point shoes today and is excited to enter a new phase of dance. She is also is good at soccer and loves it. Emily is my little theater girl and has been in several plays and is just starting piano lessons. McKay is a little gymnast and plays baseball. He pitched one inning tonight and caught a fly ball and got a double play. I was so glad I could be here to see it. Seth is turning out to be a mighty fine pitcher and is loving the game. He also plays soccer. Evan and Jack are on the same baseball team and they play Miller's team tomorrow. Wow, how did that happen!!! I have been able to go and watch Scotty do his Tae Kwon Do and he is progressing through it quickly and getting very good at it. Jakey is turning out to be quite the artist and just started piano lessons and is loving it.....and all of the babies are doing what babies do. Thank goodness for Skype and Facetime so I can see them do what they do. This has turned out to be a brief summary of my kiddos and kudos to parents who make these things happen.
...and speaking of beauty, I couldn't help but catch a glimpse of well-being the other day as I was driving and noticed the beautiful white clouds hovering over Pine Valley Mountain. It is so good to be able to come home periodically to check in with the family and bask in these beautiful surroundings.

No comments: