Saturday, July 20, 2013

I just have to say....

...I was not a "Happy Camper" yesterday....
Plans changed and we quickly loaded up and headed to the hills to cooler weather (Gerle Creek, free camping)... but, you can only guess, every camp site was taken so we found some wilderness area near by....it was very beautiful but right off, the guy in the camp next to us started shooting a gun.....
I was pretty nervous but we fixed dinner and when I prayed, I said...."please help me have a change of attitude about this camping trip." Earlier that day, my sister had asked me if I like to camp and I told her "yes" but then I started to wonder if I really do like to camp. I've come to the conclusion that there are parts of it that I do like....but not the shooting of guns near to me.....but I did have a change of attitude when we ventured down the hill toward the sound of a band warming up. Anyone that knows me knows that there's not a whole lot I like more than to be entertained....especially by a really good band.
O.K. folks....what are the chances of this????? We had front row seats and they were really, really good. (Click HERE to learn more about them). Apparently, a guy invites all of his friends for three days and has a different band every night and it seems to be o.k. with the park rangers and all the other campers 'cause they played 'til midnight. We were invited very warmly to stay and join in (everyone was warmed up because of the freshly brewed beer that was passed out)....so you can see we were entertained by a lot more than the band. Meanwhile, back at the camp, my air mattress wouldn't hold air so I just read all night but the shots woke us up in the early morning hours and I was plenty ready to pack up and get outta there.....
We headed on over to Loon Lake and took in some beautiful scenery, some sun and a swim. It was a gorgeous day up in the mountains.
I just wanted to add a few pics I took that I think are pretty cool. This was taken from inside the tent.
These kayaks were calling our name....one of these days we will answer the call.
Not crazy about dogs but I love this picture....and, what would a post be without a geocache adventure?
We were out on the trail this past week and ran into some friends from church and introduced them to geocaching. We were having a hard time finding it but Tammy sat down and it was right at her feet. I always love a "find" but especially when it's somebody's first time. I've learned this past few days that everything can be an adventure if you just change your attitude. It's just as easy to be a "happy camper" as an unhappy one.

No comments: