Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's all fair....

...at the fair except the prices but we weathered it and resisted a lot of the temptations; we enjoyed the sights, smells and sounds of the California State Fair, right here in our own back yard. We saw everything thing from bacon wrapped "everything" to deep fried bacon wrapped cheesecake (what's up with the bacon craze)...and there's nothin' I love more than "fair food" but we settled on a simple corn dog and lemonade and finished off by sharing a chocolate dipped cone.
We didn't see everything but we did see some very interesting stuff....
I liked this crocheted bike...actually, crochet coverings for a bike (bottom right). Not sure I'm going to try that one any time soon. We saw some pretty interesting art and gadgets in the exhibit halls. Passed on the bacon-wrapped goodies but enjoyed a Four Tops concert....and in case you were wondering where the CALIFORNIA letters went that were in Disneyland.....
...they are right here at Cal Expo. I was so sad the last time we went to DL and they weren't there so it was good to see they had a new home....and speaking of treasures....
...did a little caching on our recent hike to Dave Moore Park. Found a couple...actually, 2 for 4 on the day.
I posted a picture of this little dress I made for Molly. Not a good picture but for the record, it really fits her, for a little while, anyway. I hope Lauri will take a better picture of this and send it to me.

It's been a "fair" week so far. Summer's winding down quickly...we're enjoying some cooler weather here so I hope to get out on my bike a bit. Have a good one....and stay cool.

No comments: