Thursday, September 12, 2013

Let's hear it for the boy....

...the birthday boy, Drew (aka Andrew Scott Wells) who is 12 years old today. Yep, I'll always remember this one. The day after nine eleven, and we all know where we were on that day. I was on my way to Salt Lake to welcome Drew (aka Drewby) who would arrive on nine twelve. What an awesome kid he has turned out to be.
He's just good to the core....and "so far, so rad". I got to take in one of his soccer games this past week and it's been so fun to watch him grow in the game as I remember those early days when I would visit him in Kentucky. It's been great to watch him grow in life as well....he's on his way to adult awesomeness for sure. A great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to Drew today. Love this kid.....and speaking of love....
..I got to spend some time with Lauri and her girls helping her recover from gall bladder surgery. It was a blast....
These two little ones are so adorable and reminded me so much of my days of raising two little girls together.
Never a dull moment. Lucy and I got out so her mom and sister could rest. We went to lunch and shopped for 3 hours. What a trooper. Loved it so much.
I always love a little Pine Valley time when I'm home....and it was good to be invited to Mason's Hurricane Dental Party. The kids enjoyed the golf cart, target practice and marshmallow roasting. We watched the invasion of the hummingbirds from the porch and some deer came in for a visit. Always a good place to be on a Friday night.
Here are some random pictures from my week with my family. Saturday morning there were seven soccer games. I made it to six of them. Lucy is quietly enjoying her corn dog and coloring and Molly is queen of the house. Soccer, soccer, soccer.....the game of choice right now. They all play and love it.

No comments: