Thursday, May 8, 2014

I have two little hands....

...not folded snuggly and tight at this moment....they are picking up rollie pollies....
...and holding on to ooey, gooey suckers. I've always wondered why a little child can't just eat a sucker....what is it that makes them want to grasp on to the sticky part instead of just hold onto the clean, dry stick but I do love little children's hands....
...and speaking of hands, I've got to put mine together and hand it to Kyle for finishing the race. He truly is an "Ironman"....and I still shake my head and wonder...."why?"....and especially how did he really possibly even finish. He made it out of the water fine, and we saw him at three different places on his bike and he looked great....and he even looked pretty good at the beginning of the run.....but we waited forever at the finish line. JoEllen finally got a call from a stranger that said...."your husband told me to call this number and tell you he would be another hour".....which at this time was about an hour past when he thought he could finish so we just hung around waiting, and waiting and waiting. He finally showed up.....looked good, even at one point had a smile on his face but walked right from the finish line into George's arms and right straight to the car, fainting on the way....but JoEllen got him home and Penny pumped in the IV. He had run the whole 13 miles with heat stroke. What a guy.....I still can't believe it!!!!!
This adds a whole new dimension to "finishing" as far as I'm concerned. I think these "Ironmen" must feel like they can do anything....if they can finish this beast. I just can't put my brain around even why but I'm still so very fascinated by it all. Those of us that stand by and wonder probably really just wish we had it in us to try.
I'm enjoying my time here with my family....we had an impromptu "Tres De Mayo" party, celebrating Kyle's big finish and his family's departure for Hawaii....
Lauri is good at these wonderful, last minute family gatherings, Pinata and all. Great food and good times.... and speaking of Lauri, I'm loving having her and her family in my home.
She and I have caught 2 different leaks that could have been disastrous...and it's nice to have James around for all the "man" things that need to be done (and he cleans)....he's awesome. I've enjoyed some "grandkid time"....
...enjoying the new Children's Museum we have here now. I took Lucy last week and joined Kix and Lux (Joyce and Jay's grand kids) then I took Miller there this morning while we were out on his birthday date. Such a cute place and so fun for the kids. I especially love the stage, decked out with all the right equipment for little performers.
I've been able to take in the little boy's ballgames, most every week-day night, Laynee's track meet a time or two, seen a wonderful rain soak that is so desperately need, enjoyed walking around the Dixie College Campus and listening to the new Bell Tower and on the way here last week, I stopped to see my dear friend Audrie who has endured her fourth hip surgery and a good friend from our Fresno days, Carol Lambourne, stopped by and we had a good visit over some yummy pizza. Next adventure, Hawaii....Kyle and his family are there for 8 weeks....and WE GET TO GO.....Randy and I head out a week from Tuesday. Can't wait.
Click HERE to check out their wanderings so far.....and enjoy your wanderings wherever they are. Near or far, wandering is good and it doesn't have to be far to be enjoyable. Some of my most favorite places are just a walk away from my door.

No comments: