Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm totally so out of it....

.....because I'm not at the mid-night showing of Twilight. I probably would have gone if invited but frankly, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I did try reading the book......but once again, I'm uber not cool....(that word "uber" came up while I was reading Tamn's blog only she spelled it "oober" because she learned spelling with phonics in elementary; anyway, I was totally wondering where on earth such a word came from so I asked my sister if she had ever heard it and she informed me it was German so I googled it and found out that I am so much more totally out of it because it's been a cool word for quite some time; I just hadn't heard it. I would ask a few people here and there and they had heard it, so then I'm figuring, where have I been?!!!!! This is what I found out when I googled it....."One of the first popular modern uses of the word as a synonym in English for super was a Saturday Night Live TV sketch in 1979. The sketch, What if?, pondered the notion of what if the comic book hero Superman had landed in Nazi Germany when he first came from Krypton. Rather than being called Superman, he took the name of Uberman.[2]" So this goes clear back to 1979....wow!!!!" If you want to know more about the word, which you probably already know everything, duh....it's just me that doesn't then I've put in a link for ya. Click on uber). Anyway, I'm not going to Twilight, not tonight anyway and probably not tomorrow either.....but I did go to Park City and that was pretty cool? Why did I go to Park City? Because I could and Diana had a time-share for a week and it was uber relaxing and fun....(ya know, I really hate that word. You know when everyone started using "sucks"...I hated that one too and I wouldn't let anyone use it in my presence. I don't feel that strongly about uber but almost). I put "Knitting Workshop" on my calendar just so if anyone wondered why I went to Park City, that sounded like a pretty good reason and I knitted for many hours while there. We also shopped a bit but didn't want to contribute to the economy so it didn't take us long to walk past a few stores in the downtown district but we did happen onto the Family History Center that the church has established there and a couple of nice sisters showed us the new website that the church has developed to help us all get our generations linked properly. I spent a day with Traci then headed on down the road to be home to babysit while JoEllen went on a field trip with George's class. I'm throwing in a few random photos, one especially funny of Evan in Eddie Bauer where I went this morning to get his mom a birthday present.....he had a rockin' good time. Then tonight, I hosted at the Jubilee of Trees and will do the same tomorrow. This has been an uber lame post but I wanted to get caught up for all my followers out there in blog land. I have to link you to Penny's 2 Cents http://pennybs2cents.blogspot.com/post because she brags about Mason as her dentist. Also, I wish I could post the letter I got from Karen (she's Mason's assistant) and she took the time to write to a mom and tell her how her son is doing. I wish more of us would do that.....we always hope all is well but it's always good to hear from someone else. Thanks Karen, if you ever read this. You made my day.....week.....year. I'll carry your letter around in my purse for the rest of my life and maybe someday, post it on my blog.

2 comments:

Karen M. said...

Jillyn, Mason gave me your blog so that I could check out your socks, they are awesome. I want in on the contest, Ha! Where do I sign up? You can check out my blog at
mendenhallsincolorcountry.blogspot.com I sure like working for Mason, I love Mandi and the kids, you did good!

Diana said...

Thanks again for keeping me company in Park City. It was fun and relaxing and I am "Uber" excited about genealogy again. I didn't know uber was pop. I guess I've known uber since I lived there in 1972. My Deutsch is pretty limited! Diana