Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's August, 1983....we're going for a ride in Pine Valley...

.....we see this "hunk of junk" along the side of the road with a "For Sale" sign on it and think to ouselves...."We've always loved Pine Valley, and would eventually love to own a cabin....we've just built a new home in a really "bad" economy....why not?......let's give 'em a call." Turns out the price was right, Mom and Dad partnered with us and it was ours the next day...none too soon. We've later learned there were many offers and I wish I could remember the exact amount we paid but we had a lot of work to do. Up to Pine Valley every day after work and on week-ends and after 26 years...a lot of hard work and a bundle of fun....here's what we have and I just got back from there and still count it one of my favorite places on this earth to be. The clouds were rollin' in as I was packin' up to go and I hated to leave but I know it will be there for me when I choose to return. I love my mountain home and the hard workin' men that made it a "haven" for me and my family. My sons are helping me out to take care of the place.....they bought a shed and got it up in a day.....in the hot sun so they could go back to work on Monday and appreciate their real jobs. It will house the lawn mower and all the junk we've gathered through the years as well as a recently acquired golf cart.
...and when the work was done, this is what he loved to do.

8 comments:

Staheli said...

I miss pine valley so much. Thank you mom. That picture really captures the dad I remember.

Camie said...

YOu have a beautiful cozy cabin and a lot of wonderful memories to show for your ride in Pine Valley.

Spencer said...

1983...that put me around 7 years old. I still remember walking into the cabin for the first time, and Dad saying, "Well, what do you think?" And I replied by quoting Danny Zucko from Grease when Kinicky asked him what he thought of his new car?..."What a hunk of junk!" Dad was immediately looking for something to throw at me.

For an extra 10 points - Name the two Bows that were left upstairs.

Diana said...

Just think of all the memories you and your family have of your times in Pine Valley. It was a scary step at the time, but just look at it now! So glad you have had this retreat in your life!

Karen M. said...

Wow I had no idea your cabin was so nice, it puts my real home to shame, Ha! The new shed looks great Kyle and Mason did a pretty good job! Nice to have boys to help isn't it?!

xomom said...

Oh, the memories. Aren't we glad we have them. Pine Valley was, is, and always will be a special place. I am so glad you still can enjoy that amazing peace and quiet that seems to calm the soul. You are deep in my thoughts my friend.

Laynee said...

i never thought u had to redo the cabin!!!!!! wow!!!! :D)love ya!!!!

CNeilson said...

I think it has been awhile since I have been to your cabin, as I don't remember seeing your fancy siding and tin roof . . . still enjoy remembering the movies we made there.