Monday, July 27, 2009

She chose Ed......

.....arghhhhhh.....and I certainly hope that none of you really watch this show but I couldn't resist an invitation to go to Colleen's finale party with Lauri and I was NOT disappointed. Season after season Lauri comes home laughing and so I decided to join in the fun. The group watches the show all season then it culminates in a very meticulously planned party complete with being greeted at the front door with a red rose as you are invited into the Fantasy Suite. (My camera's battery ran out or I would have had some amazing pictures). Dinner is served, goblets and all, and then the trivia question quiz with such questions as... "About how many times will Jillian say "a-boht" and "Will there be any man-tears?.....if so, who will be crying them and will they be tears of joy, or of grief and utter pain from within the walls of a limo?" What will Chris Harrison's rate of effectiveness be in helping Jillian suss out her feeling and make her big decision (10= Chris helping in providing total clarity, 0= Chris doing nothing but his usual stirring of the pot and muddying of the waters)? Then the game with the pictures of all the bachelors from the beginning, 30 in all to identify (I got 3 because I knew of Wes, the country singer that I liked from the first and I got his coaster so I had to write a poem about him and he was only in it for the publicity so he could become a country music star and I'll post the poem later in the blog). Oh, there were coasters all over the room with pictures of the bachelors (and there were lights and candles and great refreshments and hot dogs served for dinner because Jillian can tell a lot about a guy by how he eats his hot dog or something like that, I guess because I don't really watch this show unless I can't find anything interesting on KBYU .) No seriously, I knew Lauri and the crew were following it so I tried because I've had withdrawals since DWTS ended and I really needed something to get me through my lonely Monday evenings (only after my scripture study and delivering homemade bread and cookies to all my neighbors) but I have to confess, this show gagged me so much, I couldn't get through even 10 minutes of it. But, I figured I'd go to the party and enjoy Colleen's excellent hostess-ship (a new word kinda like the new one I learned tonight from Jillian, "rainforesty" as she described a beautiful place they were going to make out. (Oh, that gags me even writing about it) but the party was fun and Colleen did an awesome job so I thought it deserved a blog so, to Colleen......you are clever beyond words and it's "a-boht" time you got some recognition for your efforts. Here's my poem about Wes, that won the prize, by the way.......(did I mention his picture was on my coaster?) I'm Wes, Oh yes, and I'm the man.....I'm in it to win it, but not Jill..i..ann..A career's why I'm here, So hear my song. It's all about me & opportunity....Is that so wrong?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heck ya i made it through the blog. and this was a night to remember. we all soared to new heights as jillian made the biggest mistake of her life and didn't choose kiptyn. whatever. I'm over it like ketchup on my hot dog tonight.

ME said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it, I wish I could've crashed the party. I have to admit I am addicted even though it makes me so upset with myself that I am. I always promise that next season I won't watch it. But honestly what a creative idea.