Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh, what do you do in the summer time.....

......when all the world is green. Do you ride in a car, and go not very far, up the road with your friends do you drive? Is that what you do, so do I. (I hope you are singing these words to the primary song). Debbie, Cynthia and I decided to go day-trippin' up the road to Mountain Meadows and it's amazing that the place is there and I know about it but I've never been there. We had some enlightening discussion on the Mountain Meadow Massacre as we stood by the monument (what an awful event in history) and then headed over to Debbie's cabin for a cool drink of water, more discussion on other more delightful subjects then over to Pinto then on home for lunch at Olive Garden. We're just three neighborhood gals that stay pretty busy but don't get out much so we decided to start gettin' out and seein' the beautiful country we live in and learn about it's history. It was a very excellent way to spend a hot summer day.

2 comments:

Camie said...

Glad you guys had a day out. My mom needs one every now and then. What great company to be in with you ladies.

thunderturkey said...

Hi Jillyn,
Thanks so much for the wonderful "sing along." That was a delightful way to present our excursion! It was fun to whistle the tune and sing your words. I am looking forward to next weeks verse about Warm Springs.