Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nothin' like a Saturday morning hike......

.....up Temple Quarry Trail to get the holidays rollin' since the only time I think I've ever hiked it is during the Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday as our summers are too hot....so to me, it's a winter hike and it was a beautiful, a bit crispy, but perfect, little bit overcast hiking day and the sun did come out as we got to the top and could look down over the whole valley.

Most of these kids from my the Dixie College 4th Ward had never been on this teeny, tiny hike but they quite liked it. It's one of my favorites....(actually, probably because I don't go on too many but it's one I know I can do) so I'm always rarin' and ready to go and feel like a "real hiker" when I say, "heck, yeah, I'll go hikin' with ya......". Wonder what I'm gonna say next Spring when they announce they are headin' up Angel's Landing...."um....I'd love too, and I have hiked the Great Wall of China so I think I could do it and I've heard it's an awesome hike but....I've got..um....oh, yea, I've got to babysit that day...." but when they do the Subway, I don't make excuses. I made the decision a longgggggg time ago to NEVER do that one. I have my standards and I don't waiver. That's certainly not on MY bucket list. Saturday was a good day and a good way to get acquainted with the gang. I've had this calling since last March and I'm still struggling to learn names but I'm getting better......kudos to all you avid hikers out there. I admire you, you know I do and it's one of those things that I wished I loved but I don't.....I don't hate it but I don't love it either. But I do like the Temple Quarry Trail and will go with you anytime.....just give me a call. (Some of these kids veered off the trail a bit, one even went over the other side of the mountain to see what he could see. Click on the picture and see if you recognize any of them).

2 comments:

Staheli said...

good for you mom!!!

joycew said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I have not hiked the Temple Quarry trail. I'm no hiker but I would like to go on this one the next time you go...just so I can say that I have. See you during the Christmas holiday?