Friday, December 25, 2009

'Twas the day after Christmas....

.....and all through this place.....the memories of Christmas left a smile on my face. O.k, that's it for the rhyming so I'll just say there are a few things we can count on at Christmastime.....(clickity click on these images to get the full effect..... )

...Christmas Eve at Grandma's with dinner (menu the same every year and we have it down to a science as we all have had our assignments for years), Family Feud provided by Colleen and the Rudolf Balloon Game then the usual Count Chocula with a bit 'o cash for the grandkids and sweatshirts for the great grand kids. This year, Traci did a treasure hunt and Kyle did a little Scary Dad.....(he hides and jumps out at them when they run through the house. Grandma loves it!!!!).

....then there's the Christmas Day Homerun Derby at Snow Park. The fans come out in droves. The competition was quite fierce this year with Mason coming out on top being chased by Nikki, Jarrett, Eric, Kyle, Jason, Russ,Matt, Joel, Talon and Trace. (Penny and JoEllen made a good showing as well). A few even hit the batting cages this year to have the "edge".....It was a great day for the derby.......we even pumped up our new "Glee" CD from my car and had a few fans dancing in the streets. Grandma even joined in the fun for a little while. (Not the dancing, she just showed up to check out the action).
Homerun Derby 2009
******************************************
.....and then there are some surprises. The family gathered at my house after a raucous night at Grandma's. I was glad to have them but wondered why they weren't all heading home to put their tired kids to bed. Then out came the present. They all acted so excited so....I figured it must be something good....and when I opened it up and found this....I thought....."O.k., I think I'm supposed to be really excited here so there must be something else in the box"....at which time I realized it really was a "Snuggie", a Leopard Fleece Snuggie. Lauri realized I wasn't getting it and she told me to look on the back. To my surprise, there taped to my "Snuggie" box were tickets to Donny and Marie in Las Vegas. Now, I know there are some that don't think that's much better than a "Snuggie" but I happen to.....and I am thrilled. I'm actually really enjoying the "Snuggie" as well. Thanks, kids.....it was a great surprise. I hope you all enjoyed some great traditions and also some good surprises....the combination makes for a memorable Christmas....
******************************************I
And I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight....."Happy New Year to all and to all a good night." (Did I tell you I love the sound of Twenty Ten.....it's going to be a good year.)

5 comments:

Laynee said...

hey i got a snuggie for christmas too!!!!!!!have fun seeing donny and marie!!!!!! love you!!!!!!!

Staheli said...

Laynee, I love that you got a snuggie, and even though we meant for it to be a joke I've been wishin' I had one too!!!!

Diana said...

Hey, I have been having computer problems - my hard drive crashed and I've lost everything since March 09 - photos, journal, everything. I guess I'll learn to back up. Good to hear about your Christmas. I'm going to try bloging a little again. So anxious to see ya. Have a very Happy New Year!

Lauri Wells said...

I made fun of snuggies for too long. They are awesome and I want one too!

joycew said...

The people who make fun of Snuggies are those who haven't tried one!