Tuesday, December 22, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things.....

.....Christmas cards, probably my #1 and I was quite slothful this year at sending mine out but I will pledge to do better in twenty ten....but I do love receiving them and knowing what the people that I care about have done throughout the year. I also love the gifts from my neighbors and there are some we can count on each year such as the famous Almond Cake from the Jennings'....they even came for a visit from Pine Valley....also, Mary's WONDERFUL toffee from her mother's recipe and the Greer's caramels from their family recipe. I do miss Diane's Peanut Brittle but it would be hard to get it over here from South Africa. I also enjoy and can always plan on Creamer's Apple Cider Champaign each year....along with Cynthia's homemade marshmallows (and their caroling) Jean's Seas Mints and many, many other goodies and useful items that I so appreciate. My neighbors are good to me.....I hope Jenny Craig will be good to me after the holidays....I'm going to have to check in for rehab. My gift to the neighbors is our annual donut fry....I hope we get around to it this year.....and I hope you are enjoying your favorite parts of Christmas.
*****************************
I did get invited to a party this year. Hurricane Dental invited me along and we had a really good time celebrating together in Mason's home. He has some really awesome people in his corner and I was glad to be able to get to know them and join in their celebration.

1 comment:

Becky & Doug said...

I just love your blog, and to be able to do so much with all your loved ones. I'm jealous of that. Hopefully Doug and I will be able to do that some day.
I also love Christmas there are so many wonderful things to do for people.
Becky