Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm sure you have been asked.....

......"What were you doing ten years ago today?" I remember it well. I was outside getting a new ac unit, anxiously awaiting the time I could get on the road to be in Salt Lake for the event of Drew's appearance into the world. His birth had been planned for September 12....and I knew I had to get there....and I did. We were sad for the tragedy of the U.S. of A.....but grateful for the miracle of Andrew Scott Wells. This kid loves it all and wants to try it all....but mostly, plays soccer right now (scored 2 goals on Saturday)....but baseball, basketball, football, Guitar Hero, Super Mario, wake boarding.....anything he does, he does with "flair" and intensity.

I do love this kid....and I'm grateful for the "happy memory" I have of nine twelve. Happy Birthday, Drew....you'll always be Drewby to me.

1 comment:

Staheli said...

I love it. Happy Birthday Drew! I loved the post about the cabin and camping. You need not have regrets mom, you came and that is what matters. Love you!