Thursday, September 8, 2011

Took a little jaunt....

.....to the cabin of my friends, Liz and James Rogers up near Duck Creek. Hadn't been to Duck Creek for years, in fact, many, many years when the kids were little and we stopped there on our way from Navajo Lake, the infamous occasion that Mason fell out of the boat and Scott had to dive in after him. Anyway, Liz and James' cabin is just past there at a place called Mammoth Falls not too far from Panguitch Lake so we took a little detour over to the lake because it had been many, many years since I'd been there....the last time being the one in these pictures....where someone actually caught a fish.


These were very good times. I didn't know it then and I feel badly that I just tolerated them most of the time. I didn't appreciate the beauty of nature, the leisure, peaceful time with nothing to do but breathe, and able to do it with loved ones and I'd give anything for some of these moments back. I remember Scott buying the camper so I would go along....still didn't make me like camping any more....it was always just a bother. Not many regrets in life....but this is one of them. I did enjoy the day with Liz.....hope I can enjoy more of those impromptu trips with friends. Thanks Liz and James for inviting me. She's a gourmet cook and had a wonderful lunch waiting for me there. Let's do it again soon....this time at my place.

No comments: