Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Five years ago....

.....I was anticipating the end of my mission at Church Headquarters in the Translation Department in Salt Lake City and today, I'm anticipating Conference week-end and missing being there but remember with fondness the experiences I had in this beautiful place.

Every Conference time I'm wishing I were up there, in the "tunnel" behind the choir seats hanging out with some of the very smartest people in the world, the talented saints that translate conference into almost a hundred languages. I lived on Capitol Hill, walked to work every day, didn't even mind the snow, in fact quite loved it....and just had a great 18-month mission.

Tonight, my little neighbor girl, Anna Ence gets ready to embark on an adventure to Toronto, Canada for 18 months...lucky girl. She'll do great and I'm so very excited for her.

**********************
Ten years ago, Kyle was preparing for his very first marathon and now....he's on his ever-lovin' tenth. Mason will join him (or not, I hope not) for his first...Maybe with a little help from some knee injections, he may make it....(as I do every year, I just pray they don't die). I'll be there though, on Diagonal Street cheering them on then rushing down to the finish line to catch them as they fall.

Looking forward to an AWESOME WEEKEND......Conference and lots of other stuff!!!

3 comments:

Staheli said...

WHAT? Mason is running it too? I will send some extra prayers out their way...awesome, wish I could be there to cheer them on. GO BROTHERS, YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!

Staheli said...

And GO ANNA cause that is super rockin' awesome too!

ME said...

GO ANNA...oh man...so great. Thanks for posting it!