Friday, May 25, 2012

As the family gathers....

......for my big day I have to admit there are so many feelings floating around my mind but as I retire this night, the one that surfaces is a feeling of gratitude for the support I feel from family and friends and the joy I feel as I watch my adult children enjoy dining out together, leaving their kids home with the older ones in charge and coming home to a sweet "calm" as they are so familiar with each other and being in my home....they've learned to play together and care for one another; and I'm grateful for the fact that I've been able to surround myself all of my life with a strong support system to be with me through the hard times and the good times. In this "good time" of my life, it's the same people that have stuck by me through the years and are happy that I'm happy and people that I pray for and that will pray for my happiness. I've always felt like the more people that could love my children the better; but now I know that the more people that I can love and feel love from, the better. I feel like I'm adding a whole lot of new people to love as I get to know Randy's family. We celebrated with Josephine as she and Spencer would have been married 65 years on this day.
We are also celebrating Jakes big day.....he's four years old  and I'm so glad he's here so I can share his day. He actually had his own celebration last week but today is his day. Happy Birthday, big guy. Love that little toothless grin and sweet, loving spirit. Always a "hi, grandma" when he sees me and big hugs.
Scotty (he informed us that he's Scott now) turns 6 tomorrow and seems and acts more like 16...good, good kid and a big help to his mom. Always talkative, animated to the point of entertainment and creative and enegetic as well. This kid's is going places.....always surrounds himself with love as well. Smart kid....it takes a friend to be a friend and Scott is everyone's friend. Happy Birthday, tomorrow Scott. I will forever on share this date with you....May 26, your birthday, my anniversary. U R A Q T for sure. Love you.

1 comment:

Staheli said...

Thanks mom, love you!