Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I choose "happy" today....

...and we all need a t-shirt like the one Matty had on yesterday that says.."My many moods...." including "whiny", "silly", "flirty", "smiley", "lovable"....but today I will choose "happy" and let you know some of the things that are making me happy today. First, Matty makes me happy. She jabbers like no other, a recognizable word enough to let you know what she is talking about. She goes about her business quite unconcerned....exhibiting many of the moods on her shirt in a given hour. Mostly "loveable" and always "adorable".


















Not many things make me happier than little boys in big hats playing awkward baseball because I know....and I do know, that the "awkward" turns into accomplished in just a few years if they love it and want to play but ya gotta give 'em that chance and that's exactly what the moms and dads are trying to do right now, figure out what it is that makes their kids "happy".....the smart parent allows them to do what makes them happy.









After game treats.....the best part of the game and an added bonus, that "extra-miler" mom. These look yummy....I was kinda hangin' around hopin' there would be one for me. Speaking of treats.....
...it makes me happy to be on Aunt Marian's mailing list. She and Mark are on a mission to New York and she loves to make candy so she is doing a "Taffy of the Month" and sends it to a chosen few to sample. This month it was "butter mint"....aw....my favorite so far. I did love the peanut butter one last month. Marian's cooking makes me happy, always has but mostly her candy experiments through the years. I miss them so much and sneaking into their house to taste the latest experiment. I'm more careful after trying Mark's "bowel balls" last year (you know what I'm talking about).
One last source of happiness that I must mention today is this beautiful pan. Now that I'm cooking again after many, many years.....my old frying pans were just not acceptable....so Randy got me this beautiful, ceramic pan and I love it....it made me happy cooking my breakfast this morning. Gifts are nice but very useful, beautiful gifts are an added bonus.

I hope your mood is happy today....and if it isn't try to figure out some little thing that makes you happy and you will see how quickly things can change. I am so very grateful for the little things in my life that make me happy this day.

2 comments:

Staheli said...

Your posts make me happy...I want that butter mint taffy though. How do I get on her mailing list? Love ya mom!

xomom said...

Your blogs make me happy too! This one made me stop and think and that is a good thing. There are so many things that make me happy, but one at the top of the list is: Good friends make me happy! Thanks for being such a good friend.