Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's a blink...

....from diapers to Depends (a quote from the movie "One Week"). This is ringing so true to me today, not that I'm needing depends right now but time is certainly passing quickly as my oldest grand child is a teenager today. Happy Birthday, Laynee.
I love all my grand kids but I dearly love any "one on one" time I have with each one of them to visit and get to know them on a personal level. Laynee is one really cool girl that everyone wants to hang with. A smooth, calming personality, all accepting and non-judging. So glad I've had 13 years with you, Laynee Jane, the first year getting to see you most every day while your mom worked and then the many visits to Kentucky. Keep being the good girl you are and you will go far......
....and speaking of wings, I don't know what it is about this family and wings but we all love 'em and especially at "B-Dubs"....and now that Lauri lives in Henderson, we're all over that when we are in the vicinity. No exception yesterday as I flew in and Kyle and Jo came to get me....we had to make a trip for the sampling of the wings.....Parmesan Garlic being my particular favorite but they were actually all very delectable.
Lucy enjoyed her mac and cheese but nibbled a bit on a wing or two as well......
....and BTW...it's been a month of wedded bliss for Randy and me.....yep, just 4 weeks ago yesterday we said our "I do's"......I am lovin' life. So glad we have each other to "depend" on in these golden years. I may be old but I'm feelin' young...what could be better than that I say.......

No comments: