Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oh, the places we've been.....

Blogger is giving me fits on this computer so I'm not sure how often I'm going to be doing this but I won't complain....and for the record.....it's been a great week, from Pine Valley, to Zion, back to Pine Valley catching a little "fishing action" at the Gardner Pond then on up to Tahoe (which I lost all the pics from my SD card)....then to San Francisco yesterday. Oh, yeh....the places we've been and it's been a blast.......
This picture took me back a few years to the first time we took the boys to San Francisco. We went to see Bruce Hurst play in Oakland and rode the BART over to the city. At Ghirardelli Square, this guy (we call him Guitar Joe) was playing and making us laugh with the rhymes he would make with the kids names. He was much younger then (had to have been over 25 years ago) but he was still there. I asked him to sing "Jumbalaya " and he really couldn't. He turned away from us when we wanted to take his picture until we put the "green stuff" in his guitar case. Still laughing and making rhymes....."I'm Mawvin....and I'm Stawvin'".......
Just some random pictures from our travels. A boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz was awesome. Just walking on the wharf, seeing the vendors and of course, having a hot fudge sundae at Ghiradelli Square.
Lizzy and Brione (at the Gardner Pond) provided the pole and Randy dug up the grubs. They caught two fish in about 20 min.....
We enjoyed the evening with Randy's daughter Amber and her family. Randy got "schooled" in ping pong by his grandson Spencer.  Good times......I hope anyone reading this is enjoying life 'cause ya shouldn't postpone joy. Have a wonderful sabbath day.

No comments: