Saturday, October 19, 2013

When in Folsom....

...if "Ring of Fire" comes to town, it's a must see. We ventured over to Three Stages (The Harris Center) tonight and listened to Johnny Cash music at its finest.
It helped me snap out of the doldrums that have been plaguing me for a day or two...and I finally realized why. Tomorrow David would have been 33 years old and would be the 4th little boy in this picture, probably riding a big wheel or a scoot-along trike or something. Click HERE to read the post I wrote a few years back. Seems like a wee bit of sadness comes as a reminder from Heaven that someone is missing.....and I'll forever wonder what he and Scott are doing up there. (Classic picture...I just have to post it every year).
Another thing that lightens my spirits is to get out in nature...especially right down there on the water with the ducks. My "Duck Dynasty" today as they seemed to come out and welcome me even though I had nothing to feed them. They surrounded my kayak looking for a handout then headed on their way. I love these little creatures and could have watched them all day.
Life is good, even when it's bad....sometimes we just have to take a little while to mourn....then move on with gratitude for all we have been given.

No comments: