Thursday, October 31, 2013

You just have to smile....

.....at old age and Evan's Halloween costume. This haircut cost his dad bribe money, a cool twenty two bucks to be exact but Evan's having such a good time, I'm sure he'll do it for free.....a cuter old man I never did see.
...and speaking of old, just got done with our 45th class reunion. Dixie High School Class of 1968!
"When comes such another"......NEVER. Best class ever, Wally even said so. Two days of getting re-acquainted, catching up and just having a good time. There were some that chose not to come for one reason or another, and we missed them dearly, each and every one but there are those that couldn't come as they have gone on to bigger and better but we honored them....
Scott was president of this great class. Just for the record....I miss him. We always enjoyed our class reunions together. To the far left and cut out of the picture is our most recent classmate to leave us, Johnny Hail. We've got five more years until the next one....we found ourselves saying to each other..."hope I see you in five"......speaking of scary, it is Halloween today, not my favorite holiday, but I do like my birthday....
Just one of my many birthdays....and coming off our class reunion, there are a few of my classmates here. It was always a Halloween theme and we always dressed up....I didn't always like my costume......(I'm sure my mom made me wear this one...maybe there was a bribe but I don't think so. I'll post that sweet home made head piece on pinterest.....)
but  there was always a cake....
Another year older....tomorrow starts my new year. I hope to find more in the coming year; more kindness, more patience and more gratitude for I am blessed beyond compare. I hope to "cherish all my happy moments as they make a fine cushion for old age...." (Christopher Morley)

No comments: