Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another bee...you....tee...ful day in Zion....

...and miracle of miracles. We were walking off the Crying Rock hike when lo and behold, my brother Bruce is the bus driver. He's been there a few years now driving the shuttle and since the first time I went up there and rode the shuttle was last week, whew....it was amazing to see him and he did a great job as a tour guide.
A lot of the bus drivers just use a recording but he talked over the intercom and gave some great information and interesting info and even quizzed the riders about some of the facts about Zion Canyon (Cash Cab without the cash). What an awesome place we have to visit in our own back yard....and since I got my yearly pass, you can bet I'll be going up there more. We took the little short hike today to view the Court of the Patriarchs and we can't go there without a walk to the Crying Rock (Weeping Rock) and to just do the loop on the shuttle is a lot of fun. A yummy lunch at Oscar's, a little shopping, a witty traveling companion that loves to laugh (man, I'm gonna miss you Lauri) and the BEST weather everrrrr.....what more could one want, I ask you......
After Miller's party last night I gave the kids permanent magic markers and told them to write on my floor. Oh, I hope they don't think they can go home and do the same on their mom's floor or their other grandma's floor....or MY NEW FLOOR!......heaven forbid, but it sure was fun to watch them go crazy. Yep....new floor tomorrow. (Clickity click on the picture for the full effect.)


5 comments:

Staheli said...

You're the coolest Grandma, it really is hard to compete with that!

Melia said...

You rock. I am excited to see your new floors. Hooray for you and fun for the kids.

Laynee said...

fun, wish i could be there to draw on your floor!!!!!!! wow, you are da coolest.
laynee

joycew said...

You ARE the coolest...that's why I love to hang with ya! Your new floor looks great (but you better throw the permanent markers OUT! The kids won't soon forget that kind of fun.)

Becky & Doug said...

That looks so much fun Jillyn, I bet everyone had a ball. Enjoy your new floor.
Becky