Thursday, April 15, 2010

Here comes another generation...

.....of great baseball. Nothin' like the "Jim McArthur/Scott Wells" era of Little League Baseball and here it is all over again. Goin' to the park tonight was "yesterday once more" as I was greeted by Jim and Denise McArthur coming to watch their grandson, Aaron and Tammy's boy who is on the same team as McKay. Aaron is coaching with Mason helping when he can. Wonder how much finanglin' we'll have to do to keep the Wells/McArthur thing going. That's Aaron and his big, patient smile...just like his dad. (McKay is #13) It's just dang fun watchin' these boys play ball. It's the happenin' place to be on Wednesday afternoon; just like headin' out to the farm only there's this really nice baseball complex and lots of houses. Some things change, but some things stay the same....like huge hats and lookin' forward to the "after game" treats. And ya gotta know........

...the "catcher" is still the most sought-after position on the team. McKay has the same enthusiasm the little kid here on Mason's team had. At one point, McKay had his mitt on his head and was playing with the dirt. Not a lot of action in "T-ball" but when it was his turn to hit, he did, and he ran pretty fast too. Not quite where his dad was at this stage of the game but it's only gonna get better and I can look forward to some fun times ahead....
I'll shift gears tomorrow and head out to play practice at Tuacahn and watch George and Emily "act up a storm" in "Once on This Island". Can't wait....Oh and BTW....the invitations are ready for the mail but I may wait one more day and avoid the April 15 rush.

3 comments:

Penny said...

SO CUTE! It's crazy how much McKay looks like Mason. I wish my boys wanted to play b-ball. So far Josh is into soccer. I love to watch the boys play baseball. We need to get another team together with Kyle, Mason and Joel so we can all go watch and socialize.

Spencer said...

Very jealous that you get to hang out at the ball fields. Looks like a blast. Wish we were there.

Karen M. said...

I love your blogs. You have so many things going on in your world, lucky you! What a great family you have. Thanks for sharing them with me. I miss the dental office. Seems like I have been gone forever but it's just been a week and a few days. One more week to go then back to work for me. I know Mason is ok though because Sandy is amazing. I have loved being here with my daughter and she seems to be getting stronger everyday, good for her! See you soon, if you want to email me send it to kmendenhall@ymail.com instead of my home email.