Sunday, April 25, 2010

So...what's going on in your world?.....

......I often ponder that as I sit in my house alone wondering where my friends and family are and what they are doing. Sometimes I can check a blog to find out, but other times, I'm left to wonder and continue doing what I'm doing, wondering if anyone's wondering what I'm doing....so, just in case someone is wondering what I'm doing or what I'm thinking, I blog. It doesn't really matter because I don't know who reads this but it helps me feel connected to someone....whomever you may be. So this is what's going on. I'm out of my "funk"....and on to getting ready for a very important occasion around here. My so-called "funk" I think has been brought on by the thoughts of finally being "done" as Lauri gets married in a little less than three weeks and I'm thick into the preparations, but also thick into the sadness of giving her away. She's not mine any more. I have to give her to James....and he's one lucky guy. I want to talk a little bit about Lauri right now.

She's a friend to all, enemy to none (that I know of) and always willing to be the initiator of a friendship whether it be traveling many hours to be to a special occasion or baking cookies just to say "I'm thinking of you" and "you mean something to me". She's a "giver" and always willing to help out whether it be babysitting for brothers and her sis or doing my grocery shopping (she did spoil me there) or just being there to listen, laugh or make you laugh. She's been willing to forego her comfort to help anyone less fortunate and she proved that on her mission to Tucson, in Mexico during an internship through BYU and now in her job, as she helps people find and succeed in their jobs. As we prepare for her wedding, it's her turn to be the center of our attention and I hope we can make it a day to remember. She knows what's important about that day, her temple sealing and being with her friends and family. If there is anyone reading this that didn't get a wedding announcement and you know Lauri and want to celebrate with us, please join us. I've cried many tears as I think about this day but I'm so very happy as I see how happy and devoted she is to James....and it's as it should be. I love you Lauri. I hope this day is everything you ever dreamed of.

5 comments:

Staheli said...

Best darn sister in the whole world!!!

Thanks mom for the post. I'm glad you are out of your "funk". Please call me anytime. Love you!

Love you Lauri, can't wait to see ya.

Lauri Wells said...

Thanks mom- all of that was very sweet and i'll be your daughter forever and always do your grocery shopping when i am in town.

Diana said...

Wow. You've come full circle and what a blessing to have all your children married in the temple. It's looking more and more like I won't be able to come down. I think I'm tending while Camille goes to Florida on a business trip with her husband. I'm still hoping. I'm so happy for Lauri.

cynthiawintch said...

Dearest Jillyn
Your blog is morning is a lovely tribute to Lauri. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Camie said...

Lauri is a very special person. Don't think of giving her away but getting james. Just so you know I wonder about you lots. I love running into you...and I love reading your blog. Its one of my favorites.