Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sometimes things just don't go as planned....

.....they turn out even better, as did today. I was supposed to be at General Conference as it's been a while since I've been there. Since serving my mission in the Translation Department of the Church and being able to go behind the scenes every conference, I've longed to be there but just haven't been able to go. This was going to be the conference for me, but I couldn't swing some tickets, and I, for one, know they are hard to come by. I remember sneaking a family member of one of the translators down the back elevators. Now if the people in charge of conference can't get extra tickets, not sure who can. I digress....so back to this day. Since Easter's past used to include a little skeet shooting, dumper riding and egg cracking.......

...I knew I needed to throw something together and tho' we had none of the above, we had a good time. The day included good food.....(the adults eating at the bar and the kids at the table, go figure.)

.....a back-yard Easter egg hunt......

......cookie decorating with JoEllen's "to die for" sugar cookies.....
.....and a plain ol' impromptu good time with my family......
.......(Matty's thinking "What's that thing in your mouth?"....and Miller did say "...where her binkie?")

I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend, enjoying Conference and some good family time. It's been a great day....I love my family and miss the ones that aren't here. I miss my mission and being behind the scenes watching the amazing translation process.....but so grateful I had that opportunity. I'll get to conference one of these years. I'm so grateful we can enjoy it on t.v.....(I caught a couple of "Final Four" games as well....Go Duke!!!!!......good day)......
*************************************
Just one more thing before I call it a night. A while back, I wrote a little piece about my basement and if you missed it, you might want to clickity click HERE to see that I do have fond feelings for that "lower forty" of my house. For a few hours today, it turned into a restaurant and kept the kids busy for a good long time and I still don't really care much what goes on down there so here you have it......let's start with the "layout"! Notice the nicely layed out pathway of blocks......
....then the menu. You may have to clickity click on it to get the full effect.....
...and the crew at work.....
....and last but not least, the grateful customer. I'm wondering if he left a tip......
Next time yer in the 'hood', stop by the "Wells Fine Diner" and see what they're servin'up!!!!! ....I know you're gonna want some of that " realy speshall desert" and you'll notice the last entry on the menu......you're gonna wanna book this place for your next "romantic dinner". Sorry for the long post....it's been an eventful day......

3 comments:

Staheli said...

sounds wonderful! I'm so glad that you had everyone over. I love those kiddos and I can't believe Miller is talkin' so much. Luckily I planned a lot of stuff for this weekend and wasn't able to get homesick. I am sure grateful for these posts. I love seeing what everyone is up to. Love you mom.

xomom said...

Now there's a family who knows how to party! And to throw all that fun together spur of the moment. You ROCK Grandma Wells! Conference was great, but I think you had the better plan.

Diana said...

Looks like you had a great Easter. I only wish I had so many fun places and things to do at my house for the g-kids. John got to go to the Sunday morning session with Marc (he got two tickets for being an employee). But I just stayed home in my P.J.s and loved every minute!