Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Remember back in the day....

....when you would tell your mom "I'm sick, I can't go to school today...." well...when my kids did that, I was willing to let them stay home but they had to stay in bed, no t.v., no playing. I took a sick day, and....although I probably could have watched a movie or two, I had to stay true to my nature as a mother and I "forced" myself to stay in bed all day and sleep....and it was "oh, so....nice". I think I was just worn out from a funfilled and jam-packed week-end but it was nice and I'm "back and at it" today. Hope you had a great week-end. While Spencer and his fam were heading home from their Gulf Shores vacay and Traci and her fam were hiking up Ocaneeche Mountain, this was my week-end and I loved every minute of it. I got to take Emily to play practice at Tuacahn. She's in the play "Once on This Island"......

...it reminded me of the good ol' theater days and Dixie High School when Kyle was in "Oklahoma" and I would get the kids settled after school and go over and watch play practice, every single day. It's fun to see Emily be so patient and serious about this part. She's adorable....to say the least.

This one made me a little nervous but I just love Tuacahn....and the cool things they can do with this set. I also attended George's Pinewood Derby at the Scout-o-Rama. No pics however, he won both of his heats but didn't win the overall. Good showing though George.
************************
I also had houseguests which I pretty much ignored because I was so busy (sorry Jake and Amy)....but it was good to see them (Jake was my boss when I served my mission at the Church Office Building) and I hope they enjoyed the warm Dixie sunshine for a couple of days.
*************
I spent some time with Miller while Mason and his fam went to Quincy's baptism and then Kyle's kids came over for the evening. I was too tired to do much with George, Emily, Evan and Matty so I let them have at it with a package of Costco cups. Kept them busy the whole evening and was really fun to watch. Such creative little kids.

.....and this being the 2nd Sunday, meetings from 8:15 to 3:30.....whew.....I needed a sick day and it felt oh, so good. I think I already said that. I didn't even have time to wish my good friend Phyllis a happy birthday on Saturday but we lunched together last Thursday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHYLLIS. Hope you had a good one with your family. That's it folks....over and out. Have a great week. Lauri's wedding plans coming right along.....always lots to do. Announcements should be in the mail this week.

1 comment:

joycew said...

And to think of all the money we waste on Legos..I'm glad you're feeling better. Take me with you to Emily's play. Looks like it will be a good one!