Wednesday, December 22, 2010

....and the winner is...

....I mean the winners are.....(this year we had prizes for everyone but 2 overall winners, one in the adult category and one in the children's category and the prize is to be the first picture on my post)....drum roll......Maycee and JoEllen.

Everyone worked really hard, even the little ones and produced some really creative houses this year. I'm sure the judging was tough.....

...but James did a great job (with a little help from Lauri). I really tried hard to win with my "Most Feminine" house (all pink) but JoEllen's hanging frosting icicles were a shoe-in to win.

Mom showed up and she and Mandy helped with the brick and mortar on my house. Always good to have her here but she made it known she didn't want to judge because she didn't want anyone mad at her.

A good group of very beautiful gingerbread houses (put together by JoEllen). It made for a fun evening of family togetherness and holiday cheer. Thanks, JoEllen and to Lauri for the food (I still can't remember the name of it. I think it's Soya but it's really good; something she learned while in Mexico. We also had tacos.)

The kids spent the rest of the evening creating their Christmas show which is getting more wonderful each year.....(maybe next year it will be so wonderful that more than just me will venture downstairs to attend it).

..and I love catching the little ones in candid moments. Matty loves the little animated (and noisy) Christmas tree and I love watching Miller arrange my nativity scene. I do love my family. It was lots of fun to WebCam with Traci for a minute or two...for some, it was their first time seeing Max. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Where are you gonna fit 6 more Wellses next year?

Unknown said...

oh this is the last year we are going to do gingerbread houses Spence....didn't anyone tell you...and no Count Chocula from now on either....sorry you missed it.. :)