Sunday, December 19, 2010

I realized today....

.....that the reason I like going places....is that I like coming home.

Another thing that I've always known that I like is listening to very talented people "do their thing" whatever that may be (and I'm very easily entertained,) but I especially like Acappella groups and I got acquainted with these guys while serving my mission in Salt Lake and have been trying to get back to one of their Christmas concerts for 5 years.......

Eclipse which stands for Especially Clever Lads In Perfect Sync E "tone" ally...(not really, I just made that up 'cause it's late) but they are very good and what made it even better is that James and Lauri let me buy them tickets to go with me. Wasn't that kind of them....actually, very glad to have company and I think they liked it as much as I did....no, I don't think they possibly could but I do think they liked it. (We've become Acappella Groupies). Thanks, you two for accompanying me to this fine event. It's way cold up there so I was looking forward to going home and as you can see in the picture above that it's not always sunny here but it was good to have good travel conditions most of the way and make it home safely to be able to attend something else that I really like....Hurricane Dental Group Christmas parties. Now, I'm not one to really enjoy social gatherings much but this one is always a hit with me and it was especially fun this year because Mason was in charge of the food (Pasta Factory) and Karen was in charge of the games (Holiday Minute to Win it). Lots of fun.

This is a fine group of people that know how to work hard and play hard. Thanks for inviting me along. It was really a fun evening. If you are wondering why I'm a part of Hurricane Dental Group, I'm in charge of advertising. I pass out Mason's business cards.

I have just one more thing that I need to include here that I really like..... (One day I should do a blog about things that I don't like). Anyway.....I do love purses and shopping for them but I also love organizers (meaning anything that I hope will help me be more organized) and it usually comes in the form of a purse. I found this little beauty in Target. It's really a diaper changing tote for moms but I turned it into my wonderful little "sit on my side table" knitting tote. Just another one of my little guilty pleasures. There you have it.....my week-end of "me"....doing the things I like to do. I hope you will be sure to mix in some "guilty pleasures" with all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays. In being kind to those you love, make sure one of "those" is you!!!

1 comment:

Staheli said...

I love it mom. I'm glad you are kind to you. You deserve it. I love the pictures and it all looks like lots of fun.