Saturday, March 19, 2011

I had a date last night....

....with my knitting needles. Yep....I just haven't been finding the time to spend with my "best friends" and stress relievers and I could feel the pain so I set aside a couple of hours on a Friday night for a knitting session and had a great time. Am I borrrrrring (zzzz.zzzz...) or what? Can't help it, that's the way I roll....

...and speaking of rolling....I rolled out of bed this morning bright and early and was able to take in McKay's gymnastics meet. Hadn't been to one before so it was an education but he did a great job and I was totally amazed at what the little guy has learned and especially the discipline that he displayed through the whole morning of events, most of it just waiting his turn.
It was really fun. Didn't get to stay for the awards but he took 3rd in his age group. Way to go, McKay....keep up the good work. We have an olympian among us (or is it amongst, too lazy to look it up).

....and speaking of lazy...just too lazy today to keep Matty out of my cupboards so I made sure there was no poison and let her at the under-the-sink cupboard. She entertained herself with a bag of potatoes long enough for me to get the bread out of the mixer. I think that must be the way that I mothered.....just let 'em have what they want. It's lots easier that way.

Hope y'all had a great week-end. Mine started out a bit rocky but if I give myself permission to just knit once in a while, I can make it through a day. My motto is..."...a day without knitting just isn't a very good day." It's been a really good "Jimmery" kind of evening though...not only did I get to watch BYU win...I got to knit. (I'm not really a big BYU fan but I've been kinda "taken" with this "Jimmer" thing lately and I love how the commentaters talk about the Mormon church. The announcers talked about the Rogers kid that's on the team and how his dad "invited" Jimmer's dad to join our church. I've never thought about it in those terms....do we have to get "invited" to be a Mormon? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

No comments: