Monday, March 7, 2011

I'll do anything.....

.....to get out of cleaning my house. I've been hearing that vinyls are back so I ventured downstairs and found our old turntable (and 8-track player) that we scrimped and saved for back in the day...a whole 80 bucks worth, top-o-the-line, found a few old records and gave it a go. It was sluggish at first but in no time, I was groovin' to "Ring of Fire". Wow...it really sounded pretty good.

I love the earphones here. Are they big...or is it that the heads are little?
*************************************
Speaking of good times....
I'm grateful for technological advances because I love being able to WebCam with Traci. She got to meet Lucy for the first time last week.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

I want that record player someday. I have tons of great memories of that old thing when tracing and I shared a room. Put my name on it.

Staheli said...

Hey wait a minute. What If I want it. Thanks for the post mom! I too am grateful for technological advances (well most of them, I'm sick of everyone and their dog constantly playing on their phones) it was so fun to see Lucy.

Spencer said...

It's already mine, ladies. Sorry, spoke it a long time ago when we played Queen's "Another one bites the dust" backwards and it said "I love to smoke marijuana"...I knew it was a keeper.