Friday, March 4, 2011

We all know what we gotta do...

.....but this book put it in terms I could really understand (and believe). I'm just sayin'....
.......a good, quick read if you need it spelled out for ya like I do.
************************************
A trip to the Carl Bloch Exhibit on the BYU Campus is a "must" to enjoy all the original paintings we have taken for granted for many years. We've seen them in our meeting houses, on the covers of church magazines and on many LDS books.....click HERE to read more about Carl Bloch, the very spiritual man behind the paintings.
An educational and spiritual experience for sure.
This has always been one of my favorites.
******************************************
I also took in the Dorthea Lange Exhibit - "Three Mormon Towns" - Clickity click HERE to read more about this exhibit. The Mormon towns are Gunlock, St. George and Toquerville. Some of her photographs brought back lots of memories. Last year, Cynthia and I ventured to Mt. Carmel and visited the site where Maynard Dixon spent time while he painted and his then wife, Dorthea Lange did photography. Some of Dixon's paintings are also on a display right next to the "Three Mormon Towns" exhibit. It was a good day of browsing museums at BYU. I loved it.
****************************
Got some extra hangers laying around?...................
....you could make one of these for your entry way!!!!!!

1 comment:

Karen Mendenhall said...

Hey can I check that book out from your library? So good to hear about your adventures. Keep em coming!