Wednesday, March 2, 2011

If life gives you lemons.....

...go get a lemonade/raspberry cupcake!! Cupcakes are the craze now you know...and if you know me, you know how much I love "cake". I used to send the kids out on "cake runs" and I did one of my own yesterday because, well, just because. I've been up here helping Lauri get through those first few really tough days of motherhood and she's been a trooper. I think we're past the worst of it and on the downhill now. Little Lucy sure is worth a few sleepless nights and I know many will be yet to come but there's nothin' like new parenthood, all the twists, turns and surprises around every corner and Lauri and James are finding that out and bracing for the fun ride. I've had the privilege of being a part of a few "firsts" these last couple of days.....

Lucy is resting after her first bath....always a workout....

In the car seat ready to buckle up for her first trip to the doctor. Pretty in pink and purple, Lucy is "dressed to impress".....

The doctor checks her out from head to toe and all is well.....

Nothin' like mom's love after a prick of the needle. How blessed we all are...this little family feeling the blessings and truly a little gift from above. Bless your little heart, Lucy. You make us smile.

1 comment:

Staheli said...

So cute! I want to hold Lucy, while eating one of those cup cakes!