Friday, April 1, 2011

It's time for pedal pushers and polos....

.....and I remember well the day we really did call them "pedal pushers" (click HERE to see) whereas today they are just capris. Whatever they are called, we're supposed to hit 80 degrees today so my summer wardrobe has surfaced from the pile of clothes in the laundry room. Same ol' capris I've worn for the last 5 years, maybe a couple of new polos, we'll see. Hope you're feelin' the warmth wherever you are. Joyce is sporting her pedal pushers while I'm sure I was forced into these shorts and sleeveless shirt. I've got shoes, Joyce doesn't. That's just the way it was but we always had our "ever so trimmed" bangs. Here I am; looks like I'm modeling my pedal pushers on an outting in Zion. I'm sure this one is my outfit of choice. We enjoyed a fun, family dinner at "The Corral" for mom's 84th on Wed. I've been "under the weather" but today I'm finally hoping to be out "in the weather" a bit. Thanks to my "Juice Fairy" that magically appeared this morning and to Joyce for getting my milk yesterday. It's great to be surrounded by my family. I love you all....it's going to be a brighter day!!!!!

2 comments:

joycew said...

Gotta love the bangs and I actually remember that outfit! Blue pedal pushers with a lovely blue, white and black striped sleeveless top. I do love this time of year! Glad you're feeling better.

Karen M. said...

So very sorry to hear you were under the weather. Like mother like son, I hear Mason is really sick. He told me last night he was worse than all weekend, thought we could tweek the schedule but he said no, so I made chicken soup and rolls for his lunch so he can stay in and rest during the break. Glad you are on the mend, have a great day!