Sunday, April 17, 2011

The pool is officially open...

....and the season has begun. Saturday got us off to a mighty fine start with Maycee's 9th birthday party at MamaNita's pool. It was sooooo much fun and we're thinking the 27 plus kids exceeded the legal capacity but no major mishaps.

What do you do on Sunday evening? I've mentioned many times before that we head up to my mom's for her weekly and wonderful cake (tonight was one of my faves, devil's food with white frosting) and the kids are always bugging Kyle or Mason to play "Scary Dad". When it's dark, they run around outside and chase them and scare them but tonight, Kyle, having been a bit under the weather and not feeling like running, hopped on the Jazzy and grabbed the Louisville Slugger and headed out chasing the kids, swinging his bat. I guess you had to be there to get the full effect....but it was hilarious.


How can we justify this as an "appropriate" Sabbath Day activity....um...let me see. The only thing I can think of is it's a dad playing with the kids. That's a good combination if you ask me. That Jazzy can rock and roll if it needs to.

1 comment:

Staheli said...

Ok, now I'm homesick. Any chance of getting some of that cake shipped out here?