Friday, May 6, 2011

"I get sentimental...

....whenever I hear, the school songs of Dixie, or meet with the old gang....." I was feeling a bit sentimental today as I anticipated Dixie's 100th graduating class walking through the "D"....ironic enough though...they didn't actually walk through the "D" for the first time in a long time. They had graduation then separate convocations in different colleges where the diplomas were presented. Times they are a changin'.....but I couldn't help get some of the same old feelings I got way back 41 years ago when I graduated and had to say goodbye to some really dear friends....and realized it was time to "grow up" and move on.
Clark had gone on his mission and when he got back, we both finished Dixie together. Those were good years and good memories.....it's good to still be here and experience the growth and watch Kyle as he participates. I slipped in and saw him sitting with the faculty in his regalia....It made me pretty darn proud. President Monson (click HERE to read about it in the Church News) was the guest speaker so tickets were hard to come by but I watched it on the internet. Dixie College has been good to me and to my family....and once again.."we've sung the last refrain, it's time for us to part...strange how quickly the moments take flight, la la la la hate saying good night....but we must, though it's just.....for now". (Can't remember the words right there if
there's anyone that wants to help me out).

1 comment:

CNeilson said...

I love that graduation picture! It almost seems as if it is Tracy and Kyle playing dress up :)