Saturday, May 28, 2011

Speaking of birthdays...

.....I got this idea for my next birthday from Wed. night's episode of "Modern Family". It's Jay's birthday and the episode was about the crazy gifts that everyone decided they had to do the last minute to make it special for him when all he wanted was a quiet day of fishing by himself. Anyway, Claire and Mitchell decided to recreate a picture that was taken of them as children and they sneaked into the yard at their former childhood home and a vicious dog chased them up a tree....anyway....TMI. So...I found the picture I want re-created for my next birthday and I'm just giving my boys a "heads up" so they can see that it happens. Let's get crackin' boys.....and, um....make sure you capture those same looks...gotta be as authentic as possible. ********************************
Just a few pics from Memorial Days Past.....a yearly tradition to visit the graves of our loved ones...............
...and I love the flags at the graveyard each year in honor of those who have lost their lives serving our country. Lot's to be thankful for.....and many great lives to honor and remember. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day Week-end.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Oh YES! I can't wait to see that picture! Modern Family is so funny. I love that show. I think recreating that picture would be an awesome gift.

Staheli said...

I love it. I can't wait to see it too. I love being with my family on memorial day. I wish I were there to join you for breakfast at Village Inn. I'll try and figure out something to do to make it special with my family here. Thanks for the pictures mom!