Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's just what we do....

.....and glad to do it in the name of giving these little ones the very best start in life they can possibly have and James gave a wonderful blessing today to his and Lauri's little Lucy. The white dress (looking a little "off white")was worn almost 28 years ago by Lucy's mom and by her Aunt Traci a couple of years later. Certainly getting our money's worth out of this one but she looked mighty cute today.......
Kyle and Mason motored up this morning and joined us for the big day....thanks, guys. Lauri's yummy luncheon made it even more worth the trip, right? Thanks to Gawain and Gayle for letting us use their place and for the support of their family. They have become James and Lauri's family in Provo.
Lucy's giving up her smiles a little more easily lately. I caught a few of them in this recent photo shoot..... ...and in case you just may want to know, I made it to my first Women's Conference. Did it exceed my expectations? Well, I'm not sure I had any but I've wondered for all these years why women go and wear themselves out running all over BYU campus all day to be motivated....and I've also wondered, do they really get motivated....I'm gonna tell you "I'm motivated" but will it last? We shall see. I certainly enjoyed it and learned a lot and took in a lot. Am I better for it....I think so. Will I go again next year? You bet....and the best part....I GOT TO GO WITH MY DAUGHTER!!!! Year after year I've watched mothers and daughters have this experience together and this year it was my turn. I'm "in" for next year. Wish I could blog about everything I learned but you just had to be there so I won't try but I'm excited to put to use some of those lessons and hopefully try each day to be a better person. I got to see a lot of my favorite people from Susan Easton Black whom I've admired for a lot of years because of her extensive study and knowledge of Joseph and Emma Smith, to John Bytheway and his wife, to S. Michael Wilcox who gave my very favorite talk of all time that I listen to on tape about monthly, "The Fourth Watch" to a panel that consisted of one of my favorite Mormon Bloggers, Courtney (C. Jane) Kendrick and her sisters to many other fun unknown (to me) speakers that were both uplifting and entertaining. Come go with me next year!!!! I know you'll love it to.

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Thanks mom. I had a blast! It was a good weekend. Thanks for all your help. Love you.

Staheli said...

That all looks very wonderful. I wish I could have made it so that you could be there with you daughters. Lucy looks so stinkin' cute. I love the pictures...and I know you have more, so keep 'em comin'.