Sunday, May 8, 2011

In my kitchen you have two choices....

.....take it or leave it...but at my mom's there's usually at least two...and oft times even more when you figure all the stuff you can do with cake, like put milk on it, eat it with ice cream, eat the ice cream separate with chocolate or caramel sauce or do all of this at once....you get the picture....if you don't, I'm giving you one here from the days gone by!
You have to take the "cheesy" scrapbook page that comes along with it. I was just going through some of the scrapbooks tonight while the wee ones were ravaging (to bring heavy destruction on, devastate) and came across this little beauty and thought it would make for a good blog post along with Sunday Evenings Present.....which consisted of not ONE but TWO choices this evening....
....and the kids taking a break from a very intense game of "Anti I Over" or "Andy I Over"...whatever.....(I tried googlin it but no one seems to really know about this one).
...and remember when I talked about "the drawer" where the Cinnamon Bears are stashed? Well, guess what they found in there tonight?? A little "left-over Easter" perhaps?????
I just have to pay tribute to my WONDERFUL MOM who never tires of letting us reak havoc and who fights through her pain on a daily basis to keep our lives "normal". I saw her on Saturday and she was hurting so badly she could hardly move....but Sunday morning, up and gone to church...."might as well be there as here" is her mantra and she even made a custard for Jimmy and two cakes for us. When I'm in pain and whining or when I see people that think they know pain, I wanna just kick 'em in the britches and tell 'em they don't even have a clue about pain.....bless your heart dear Mom 'O Mine. I don't tell you enough that you really are my hero in a lot of ways. I hope you had a fulfilling Mother's Day.
**************
Now I'm gonna give a shout out here to all of my "Out of State" kidlins...they got to be all together this past week-end in North Carolina hosted by Traci. Nothin' makes a mom's heart happy like children that want to be together and it was fun to hear about the fun they had.

The Staheli and the Wells kids hoopin' it up at the Children's Museum. Click on the picture to get the full effect of these sweet faces. Love y'all. Glad the cousin's got some good ol' bonding time.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Looks like fun. Happy mothers day to you too!! Glad you were surrounded by family.

Staheli said...

Thanks mom. That was awesome. We were so grateful that Spencer and his family would drive so far to spend time with us. It really was a blast. I wish that I could reach into that picture and eat a piece of that chocolate cake with white frosting......oh how I miss Sundays at Grandmas. Bless you Grandma!

Karen Mendenhall said...

I love your posts. I haven't been on in a while but love to catch up. I miss you! What a great family you have. I feel blessed that I get to work shoulder to shoulder with a Wells' pretty much everyday of the week. Let's get together soon, congrats (or condolences) on your new calling, you will be awesome!