Saturday, October 1, 2011

Indulge me a bit here...

.....as I remember and honor my dad today. He left us nine years ago this day and left us with memories of lots of good times, good laughs and a great example of a simple life of living and loving. I miss him so......

He loved my kids so much but what fun he would have been having with this next generation.

He loved my mom, he loved his kids, he loved my kids and he loved Pine Valley.

...but most of all, he loved being with my mom and me and my kids in Pine Valley.

I've spent a lot of time in up there this summer and have had lots of time to think of the good times we had, buying the place together, going up every evening after work, letting the kids run and play while we worked hard on the cabin making it what it is today. I'm not sure where heaven really is....but if it's here on earth....then he's in Pine Valley. Miss you Dad....but I know you are a happy man 'cause it makes me happy to think about you.

1 comment:

joycew said...

Thanks for the tribute to Dad. You are so good with words and always seem to hit the nail right on the head! I miss him, too. He was a good dad and he and mom gave us a good life and a happy childhood. Wish he could have stayed a little longer...