Tuesday, September 11, 2012

On this day....

....eleven years ago, I got my new AC unit. Yep, me and the repair guy, out in the back of my house hurriedly gettin' 'er done  'cause I had more important things to do (Drewby was going to be born)....when on the t.v. came the news of the terrible disaster that will forever be etched in our hearts and minds. I mention this little unit here because it really does mean a lot to me....it keeps me cool in the summer and warm in the winter....where would I be without it? (I'd be hot in the summer and cold in the winter).
The lifespan of one of these units is about 12 years, or so they told me so I'm thinkin' it's gonna die soon. It was strugglin' here a couple of weeks ago and the guy warned me that there's not much time left but I'll continue to enjoy and appreciate until the end......and speaking of "lifespans".....

...I can't look at this kid without an overwhelming feeling of gratitude that he's still here to enjoy life and bring joy to our lives as I'm haunted by that day a few years ago while visiting Kentucky that I almost shortened his (lifespan) by running over him. Happy Birthday, Drew. You are one special young man with lots left to do in life. I was driving up I-15 on that fateful day eleven years ago amazed at the tragedy that had just happened but feeling the joy in my heart as we were about to welcome you to the world. What a blessing you have been to everyone and this grandma is very grateful for you and the choices you are making. Keep up the good work and have a very Happy Birthday....and speaking of "happy"....I got to wondering today why some people are just happy all the time no matter what life throws their way. I found this article ("15 Powerful Things That Happy People Do Differently")  that I really liked because I'm striving for this. Happy people really do things differently.....click HERE if you'd like to know what....and I especially liked #15.......They take full ownership over their lives and they rarely use excuses. Happy people understand that the moment you choose to blame some outside force for whatever is happening to you, you are in fact giving all your power away. They choose to keep their power and take responsibility for everything that happens to them."

I'm grateful to be married to an optimistic, happy person and learn from him every day....he is teaching me to keep life "real" and in perspective.

Go out and find something to smile about today....I'm smiling with Drewby....He's eleven and he's happy.

No comments: