Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Precious beyond words....

....as my #16 grandchild was born yesterday and #4 boy for Traci and Russ. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 14 oz. and has various combinations of features of his three older brothers....so, a new little version and we couldn't me more excited. Mother and baby doing awesome......will fill in more details as they become available.....
Grandchild #13 celebrates a birthday today and she's a cutie for sure. Matty is just growing up too fast and thinks she's one of the big kids. So fun to watch her try to keep up with them and she chatters as fast as they do.....her mom usually has to translate but if you listen real close, you can usually get a bit of the conversation. Have a great day today, Matty. I miss you but I'm sure you and your family celebrated in style in Disneyland. Can't wait for some pictures.....
Happy Birthday.
I've just returned from a week-end with my BFFs and it was another successful rendevous with some great friends.....this time in one of my favorite places on earth, Zion National Park where we ate, hiked, ate, shopped, ate, talked, ate and laughed our heads off.
It was a picture perfect day and tho' Carol Ann wanted to do Angel's Landing....because some of us were afraid of heights (that was the only reason)  we had to settle for the next hardest hike of all....Weeping Rock.
We got to dine outside a lot and enjoyed all the amenities that Zion is famous for....especially it's softserve ice cream at the lodge.
I was so glad we took the time to stop and say hi to my mom....it made her day as she has always loved my friends. She and my dad were always "Haleila" to them.....and, just to keep it in the family, my brother Bruce was driving the shuttle that day and we got a lift from him and a little history along the way.......
We ended at another wonderful Southern Utah location, Tuacahn where we took in "Hairspray".... It's fun to have friendships that last a lifetime and when we come together our once every year or so, it's as if we've never been apart.......still laughing after all these years....at the same stories. There are advantages to aging.....our secrets are safe with each other .)

2 comments:

xomom said...

DITTO!!! It was a wonderful fun-filled, friend-filled, food-filled weekend! Let's do it again next year. Only change....a few more participants.

Penny said...

Trace! Congrats! You are such a great mom. Those boys are lucky to have you. P.s. I love your hair long.