Monday, September 3, 2012

There's never enough time....

...to fit in all the stuff ya wanna do on a weekend but we gave it a good shot. We're back in town for a while and so you know, there's a lot to do so we started by heading to Pine Valley.....first stop, Veyo Pool just for the heck of it and to see it as it has been a very long time for both of us and we just had to have a Pronto Pup (Corn Dog) and the big question is....are they the original recipe? The cook thinks so but couldn't give us a definitive yes. I must go to the source and you know I will when I get the chance but it was still mighty good and we were both glad to see the place is still there. Just wish we would have planned enough time to take a swim....we'll have to wait until next year as it's closing today for the season.
Then on to Pine Valley where we met the family for a day of usual fun....and I noticed how easily the kids have learned to entertain themselves with apple baseball, golf cart shenanigans and a lot more stuff that we probably don't want to know about but it was fun to watch them run around and have a good time.
The boys and Mandy had all done a long run and they were tired so James filled in with a little baseball....but later we all drummed up enough energy to head to the water towers. It's been many years since I had been there and the horror of it all returned very quickly as I watched the kids climb and the dads laugh as they climbed and show a lot of "unconcern" as they jumped from tower to tower. I was glad to have that activity end....not sure why I'm even posting but all is well...and Kyle reminded me that the kids need these opportunities that threaten their lives!!!!!
And we all know the favorite part of the evening...
......the food and the smores.....The Troy brought the biggest watermelon ever (I don't think we even cut it) and Gary's black raspberries were even bigger than last summer.
One last thing though.....we did spend time with Randy's family and earlier in the summer I had put 10 gold fish in Josephine's pond. I could only find two. At church, I got to talking to Bonnie Lewis and she told me how Spence and Josephine would come to their pond and get gold fish so she told us we could do that. They came and brought us a couple but we wanted the "fishing" experience....more like a "netting" experience but fun nonetheless.....
We paddled out to where the goldfish hang out and got one....but it was a big one and a very shiny one as well. Mike and Yvonne came and their little grandson's Bubba (Will) and Hank came along in the boat with us and Hank was proud to be able to put it from the bucket to the pond, more like from the mansion to the apartment but I'm sure it will be happy. What a great week-end it was and we are so enjoying being back around our Southern Utah Family enjoying the beautiful color country that we call "home".

No comments: