Saturday, September 29, 2012

Waiting patiently....

....for this new little person to join the Stewart family, I'm sure Lauri is wondering what the future will be.....she's in labor as I type this post. The blankets are done, Lucy had one last outing with her parents to herself....we are ready.
Lucy and I watch cartoons....I talk to her and tell her that her little sister will be here soon; she smiles and signs "more" as I've given her some crackers and grapes while we watch "Signing Times"....they are doing the sign for "feeling" right now and going through all the different faces along with the sign...."sad"....."happy".....I'm sure Lucy will be feeling lots of things that we'll never know and she'll never remember but she is about to be joined (dethroned) by another little princess. It will be fun to see how that goes.
*****************************
I remember 34 years ago in Fresno, California, anxiously awaiting the birth of my #3 (not knowing it would be #3 son) and I wasn't very patient. I think his due date was about this day that many years ago and he wouldn't come for 3 weeks after that....those Fresno times were magical times for me and I never wanted to leave there. We had friends, a beautiful home, Kyle had started kindergarten and was well adjusted (could walk to school).....but Scott had started his Veterinary practice in St. George and we would leave it all behind and start over again. I had the chance to visit Fresno as I passed through on my way here day before yesterday and was able to hook up with some dear friends.
Top left is Audrie and me....we both talked a mile a minute but did get pretty much caught up before Cecil came home for dinner. (middle top) Never have I had better friends than those two....I hated so much leaving them behind so many years ago but we have stayed in touch and they truly are great people and life-long friends. Top right is me with Susan...she lived across the street and baby sat for me and made birthday cakes for the kids. Bottom left....her parents, Bob and Dorothy Starr. I enjoyed them as neighbors so very much. Outside of Utah, you could live by someone for years and not know who they are but we got to know these neighbors and loved them dearly. It was so good to see them again. Bob is struggling with Parkinson's but he seemed happy to see me again. It was so kind of them to take the time out of their lives to say hello. Bottom middle is our house on Callish Street and bottom right is Robinson Elementary where Kyle attended Kindergarten for all of two months. Good memories and good times....all a part of the fabric of our lives. Now....we just wait. I'll finish this post tonight and introduce Molly to you. SHE'S HERE...SAFE AND SOUND....So cute....
Mom and baby doing fine. James and Lucy are too......I've enjoyed Lucy today. Probably overloaded on t.v. but hey, the days are long with a toddler. We had a good time......

No comments: