Monday, November 26, 2012

What goes up....

....must come down and as I was hiking to the top of the volcano on Thanksgiving morning, I  realized just that, and found myself wondering how it was going to happen but I kept going, knowing I wanted to see inside the volcano. After seeing it all of my life coming to and from Pine Valley and knowing I would probably never do it, I actually did and glad I didn't chicken out. (I hiked the trail around the back side while the young 'uns climbed up the face). Coming down was far worse than climbing up. We all made it....some better than others. Most of the party took the speedy way down...I myself, figured I was safer going down the same way I came up but it was mostly on my butt.....and even tho' I ruined a pair of pants, it was worth it.
I'm thankful for my family that invites me to tag along, for my health that allows me to tag along, and the beautiful weather and scenery that makes it pleasant to tag along.....for the beauty of the earth I truly am grateful.

No comments: